Nothing like photographing an adorable princess to brighten your day🙂
“Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful” – Sophia Loren
I think that the way we look has a lot to do with the way we feel. My true joy comes from trying new beauty products and seeing what the outcome is. Whether we realize it or not, makeup and fashion are all forms of self-expression. I love that I can wake up in the morning and have the freedom to choose how I want to look. Do I feel dark and edgy? Or girly and sweet? I’m not saying that beauty is solely physical, but when we are able to improve our outer selves we gain confidence from within. The confidence that’s needed to overcome anything, whether it be a job interview, speaking in public, or talking to your crush. In my heart, I believe that we truly are all beautiful in our own ways. Our uniqueness is what makes us beautiful; whether that by physical, emotional or mental.
I have my bachelors in Communications with a double concentration in Public Relations & Advertising and Broadcast Journalism. I chose Communications as my major because I genuinely enjoy all aspects of mass media. It’s a major form of communication to audiences today. I became proficient in using Adobe: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator to create my own fictional beauty campaign. I was able to utilize these tools to create a logo, slogan, newsletter, house ad, brochure, event booklet and more. Creating my own campaign was a lot of hard work, but it was also fun because I was able to challenge myself, my creativity; and I pushed myself to create what I imagined in my mind.
So it’s only halfway through October, but I decided to write about my monthly faves. I may add more products throughout the month! Hope you guys enjoy my tips, and let me know what your monthly faves are!
Macs Margin & Soar❤
I will admit, I absolutely love mac products. I believe that some higher end products are over rated, but Mac is not one of them.You’re definitely getting your money worth with Mac.
I have yet to find a blush that can compare to Macs Margin. I’ve tried tarte, Urban Decay, Nars and and drugstore products to find my perfect blush, but my heart always brings me back to Macs Margin. The quality of the this blush as well as it’s long lasting ability makes it the perfect pick. I automatically feel more glam when wear this, because it’s shimmery too. Its like a blush/highlight in one❤
As for lipliners, I really like soar, it’s got that whole 90’s Cindy Crawford look to it. And its great for Fall. I usually will put a nude lipgloss over it or pair the lip liner with Milani’s “Naturally Chic” lipstick.
L’oreal Telescopic Mascara:
I was trying new mascaras, such as Maybelline and Covergirl which were good, but I love L’oreal telescopic mascara way too much to not put it in my monthly faves. I have very long lashes and this is the only mascara that really lifts them up, AND curls them. It’s so amazing for a drugstore product and I don’t need to apply a million coats to get beautiful lashes. Two coats and I’m gold!
L’oreal True Match Foundation
If you’re looking for a long lasting, lightweight foundation I’d highly recommend L’oreal true match. L’oreal also has this foundation in a “luminous” version, which leaves your skin glowing. It’s so pretty! I’m really impressed by L’oreal because even though they are affordable drugstore products (I bought mine at Target) the quality is amazing.
ColourPops Highly Waisted
Everyone loves a good highlight. I recently tried ColourPop Cosmetics “Highly Waisted” and it is soooo pretty. And it was only $8, you can’t find a good highlight for $8, its usually way more expensive. This product really highlights your cheek bones and once again, makes you feel glam. If a product makes you feel glam and isn’t expensive its a definite yes in my book.
So I guess I’m all about the highlight this month. I stopped by Ulta, and came across this small bronzer called Lorac’s TaNtazlier and it was only $10. I don’t use this product as a bronzer, I use it to put a shimmer over my cheeks. It’s so pretty it makes me wanna cry :’) Happy tears though haha. They sell these in bigger cases too, but I’m a girl on a budget so I purchased the small one.
Chobani Snack Pack Yogurt
I recently came across these great Chobani Greek Yogurt Flip Packs. I don’t know how long they’ve been out for, but I only recently came across them. I try eating quick healthy snacks because I’m always on the go, and the Chobani yogurts are so good. They only cost $1.28 or sometimes Target has a $10 for 10 special. My favorite one is coffee break bliss that has crunchy biscotti pieces with chocolate chunks. Yummy and only 190 calories. Chobani also carries the flip packs in chocolate, peanut butter, salted caramel crunch, peach and key lime just to name a few. So if you’re looking for a new healthy snack, I would definitely try these.
I absolutely love different brands and colors of lipsticks and lipgloss’ so I thought I’d share a few of my recent purchases!
I purchased lippie products from colourpop.com and I’m really pleased with the results. This website is great because everything is only $5. They have lipsticks, blushes and eyeshadows. I only purchased the lipsticks… btw when I got my lipsticks in the mail it was so cute, they sent what looks like an original handwritten letter addressed to me. It’s really cute and is a great way to make consumers feel important.
Back to the lipsticks- they’re creamy, very pigmented, and either have a matte or gloss finish. Love them! However, I would highly recommend that you purchase the liners when you purchase the lipsticks as well. The fact that the lipsticks are so pigmented requires a lipliner in order to look natural against your natural lip color. In order for my lipstick to look smooth against my lip I just apply a nude lip gloss over my lipstick. It also ways looks good and I always get compliments! Here are some swatches! My faves are Frida, which is like a really good Fall/Winter color, and my other face is Cake. I wear that one when I feel spunky and people always tell me it looks good. I have plenty other brands of lipsticks I like, but I thought this one would be great to review especially because it’s so affordable and new to the market. Let me know which lipsticks or glosses you recommend!
I think that at some point in our life we all go through depression. It may be on different levels, and may last for a longer or shorter period of time, but we’ve all battled this demon. I’d just like to say: this too shall pass. You’re depression, does not dictate what the rest of your life is going to be like. And I know it’s hard to understand that if you’re currently going through it, but hold on to some glimmer of hope and use that to get through your depression. Your life, is so much more than the struggle you’re going through now. When I went through depression my negative mindset and environment are what had the most affect on me. Here are some tips I used to be more positive:
1. You are not your mistakes. When I got depressed I was mad at myself because I made a mistake; but we are human, we were created to make mistakes and learn from them. I had a bad habit of holding myself to a level of perfection that does not exist. Instead of learning from my mistake and helping it make me stronger, I dwelled on it and was letting it define me, which was stupid. One moment in your life does not define who you are. Finally when I was able to find beauty in my mistake, forgive myself and learn from my experience, that’s when I matured and grew as a person. I was someone who was so critical of myself and critical towards other people. After my depression I became less critical and less judgmental. Judging others- that’s not my job, that’s for the big guy upstairs. Battling depression was not fun, but it honestly made me a better person in the lone run.
2. Stop comparing yourself to others- Comparing yourself is just poison. It’s great to have goals and admire people who are at a certain level of success, admire someones beauty or sense of humor, etc. But to bash yourself or make yourself feel not good enough is foolish, it steals from your confidence. You are, exactly where you’re supposed to be in life. If you’re not happy with where you are that’s okay. Create goals and work towards them. Focus all of your energy on becoming a better you. Don’t try to be someone else, being unique and different is what I find beauty in.
3. The energy you put our in the world, is the energy you get back- And I’m not meaning this in a hippie way. Lets say, you applied for a job, but did not get the position. You can either let that get you down, make you feel not good enough, make yourself think you’ll never find a great job, ORRRRR you can learn from that experience. Of course no one’s gonna be happy to hear that an employer chose to go with someone else, but you can learn about things you need to change in your resume, or your interview, to get the job you want. Nobody likes a negative nancy, be someone that other people want to be around. I admire people who know how to handle their sh*t. That’s a quality that never came naturally to me. When I see that my friends make a mistake, but they own it and learn from it, it makes me want to be a better person all around.
If you’re dealing with depression it’s crucial to try and get out of any toxic environment. It’s hard to live a positive life when there’s negativity around you. Surround yourself with people who love and genuinely care for your well being. If you are in a situation where you feel like you may harm yourself, please for the love of God, seek help. Talk to a doctor, you won’t regret it. And always remember, that you are loved more than you know. You are good enough, you are beautiful enough, strong enough and completely worthy in the eyes of God. He loves you.
Thus far, I am loving my Morphe G6 brush. I heard about this brand and this brush from Jaclyn Hill. Overall, my foundation still has the same look that I received when using a beauty blender. The brush is synthetic, so all of the product I’m using is not being lost in the brush, it’s all being applied to my face so I’m getting the biggest bang for my buck. The brush is dense enough to apply my foundation evenly, the bristles aren’t loose. That’s something that I always worried about when buying drugstore brushes. Drugstore brushes are made out of goat hair, it steals a lot of my product and the bristles are not close together, they’re not dense enough to really buff our my foundation. I Can’t wait to try out other Morphe brushes! Please let me know which ones you have tried and recommend! Even any other brands, please let me know! Thank you!!
We all have different techniques when it comes to applying our foundation.Lol yes – I’ve used my hands to apply my foundation, then I moved up to a sponge and finally… the beauty blender. At first when I used the beauty blender I loved it. I thought my problems were solved and I never would have to tinker with the idea of purchasing an expensive foundation brush.
But about 6 months into using my beauty blender, I wondered if it really was worth it. The beauty blender is basically an oddly cute oval sponge. But that’s the problem, it’s a sponge. I had a feeling it was stealing more of my makeup instead of applying it to my face. And maybe that wouldn’t be such a big deal if I was using less expensive drug store products, however that’s no longer the case. I purchased a more expensive foundation- Tarte’s Amazonian Clay. It’s great, it stays on all day and leaves my face looking pretty darn flawless. But that tube of foundation was expensive, and I can’t afford to be losing product because the beauty blender is sucking it all up.
Beauty Blender Pros
- Let’s get a few things straight though: the beauty blender works.
- Okay, it applies the makeup to your face evenly and is a good purchase.
- It also gets into areas that a makeup brush may not be able to get into– like the area in between your nose and eye.
Beauty Blender Cons
- It’s taking my hard earned cash I used to purchase foundation and stealing it!
- It’s also a little weird to set aside. I didn’t purchase mine with a case and I don’t really know if there are cases for beauty blenders. So a lot of germs can easily get into contact with it when its roaming around free in your makeup bag—- acne breakout anyone?
I had to put an end to this madness. So I purchased Morphe’s G6 buffering brush. Not too expensive for a brush with great reviews and intend on conducting my own review. I’m guessing the switch to a brush is going to be a smarter investment, I’ll be sure to let everyone know!